Sling TV is top of a line American TV streaming service and one of the best options for cord-cutters in 2022. The bummer – Sling TV is only available in the USA because of content distribution and copyright policies. But, don’t worry, in this guide, we will provide you with bit-by-bit instructions to get and watch Sling TV in Australia.
Besides being one of the best US TV streaming services, Sling TV is also one of the most affordable that offers two plans known as “Sling TV Blue” and Sling TV Orange.” And if you want to add more channels, you can add by paying an additional amount for it, which is very cool!
But if you are in Australia and open the Sling TV website or app, instead of showing the login page, this message will appear on your screen: “WE’RE SORRY. SLING TV IS ONLY AVAILABLE INSIDE THE US. THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST.”
However, by obtaining a US IP address, you can stream your favorite content on Sling TV in Australia. But the question is how you can obtain a US IP address, right? Well, you can do that by using a VPN (Virtual Private Network). Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch Sling TV in Australia:
How to Watch Sling TV in Australia? (Unblocking Steps)
Once download and set up a VPN on your device, it is very easy to unblock Sling TV. Here’s how you can watch Sling TV in Australia:
- First, sign up and download a VPN – we recommend ExpressVPN.
- Open the VPN app and sign in.
- Connect to the US server from the list.
- Head to the Sling TV website or app, sign in and start streaming!
This is how you can watch Sling TV in Australia. However, bear in mind that the above-mentioned method is only useful if you already have a Sling TV subscription. Otherwise, even using a VPN means nothing as Sling TV does not offer any free content to watch.
This means you have to subscribe to Sling TV before using these to stream in Australia. But getting a Sling TV subscription in Australia is not that simple because you need a US payment method to sign up for it. But don’t worry if you don’t have a US payment method; you can sign up for Sling TV in Australia using one of the following methods without a US credit or debit card.
How to Get Sling TV Account in Australia without US Payment Method?
We found two reliable methods to get Sling TV subscription in Australia:
- Get PayPal Gift Card
- Use American Virtual Prepaid Card
Method 1: Get PayPal Gift Card to Get Sling TV
If you don’t have a PayPal account, first create it and then follow these steps:
- First, get a PayPal gift card. Once you purchased the gift card, the gift code will be sent to your email address.
- Now open the VPN app on your device and connect to the US server.
- Head to the Sling TV website and sign up using your PayPal gift card.
Method 2: Use American Virtual Prepaid Card to Get Sling TV
- Visit the StatesPay website and click “Sign Up” to create your account.
- Enter all the required information to create your account.
- Once you get the verification of your account, sign in to your account and transfer funds using your Master/Visa debit or credit card.
- Now open the VPN app and connect to the USA server.
- Visit the Sling TV website and sign up for it using your StatesPay virtual prepaid card.
Next up – do all VPN services work with Sling TV? The answer is no. There are very few services that can bypass video services geo-blocking error to stream content from abroad. The reason, not all VPN services have the capability of bypass geo-restrictions because of limited and non-optimized servers for streaming. And if you think about using a free VPN with Sling TV or other services like Hulu, American Netflix, YouTube TV, Peacock TV, ABC, ITV Player, BBC iPlayer, Channel 4, and HBO Max to access in Australia, it is a total waste of time.
Because of all these reasons, to help you in finding the best VPN to unblock Sling TV in Australia, we testing multiple providers and list them below.
Best VPNs to Watch Sling TV in Australia
1. ExpressVPN (Recommended)
ExpressVPN is leading the VPN market for more than a decade because of its unbelievable unblocking capabilities, super-fast 3000+ servers available in 90+ countries, and user-friendly apps.
With this VPN, you can watch Sling TV in Australia on your all favorite streaming devices such as Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, and Amazon Firestick/Fire TV through its app or browser extensions available for Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
And in case you want to stream Sling TV on Roku, Apple TV, Smart TV, PlayStation, or Xbox, you can use ExpressVPN’s Media Streamer (Smart DNS) or directly set up it on your home router.
Besides unblocking international video services in Australia, you can use this provider to access Australian streaming services like Foxtel Go, Stan, iWonder, 7Plus, and others while you are traveling abroad.
ExpressVPN 24/7 customer support is the best place to find out which server works best with Sling TV if you don’t know which server to connect to. Also, you will get five simultaneous connections with ExpressVPN, which are enough for a whole family.
NordVPN is also a great choice for watching Sling TV in Australia. This provider offers 5000+ servers in 60 countries. With its SmartPlay feature, this VPN is highly capable of unblocking geo-lock streaming services.
NordVPN supports all the popular streaming devices, including Android, iOS, Mac, Windows, Amazon Firestick/Fire TV.
In short, this provider is not the best but a good choice to stream your favorite streaming services in Australia.
PrivateVPN is a new entry in the VPN market that also works pretty well when it comes to stream geo-block streaming services like Sling TV in Australia.
Though this provider offers a small network of servers but its preconfigured apps for streaming can unblock all the popular streaming services in Australia.
How VPN Allows You to Access Sling TV in Australia?
All the online video platforms, from VODs, TV streaming services to OTT providers, have to follow the content distribution policies. For example, Sling TV has the right to offer its service only in the United States.
This means if Sling TV makes its service available for users residing outside the USA, the service will be penalized by the authorities. I know this makes no sense if someone is paying for the service, but it is what it is.
Sling TV and all the other streaming services use IP detecting tools to follow these content distribution policies. So when a user opens the Sling TV website or app, the IP detecting tool scans the user, and if it is not a US IP address, it blocks the user access and shows the geo-location error.
This is where a VPN comes to the rescue! A VPN (Virtual Private Network) can mask your local IP address and change it with the US IP address. So you connect to an American server via using a VPN and access Sling TV; the service’s IP detecting tool thinks that you are living somewhere in the USA based on your American IP address and thus allow you to stream the content in Australia.
What Devices Can I Use to Watch Sling TV?
Sling TV is compatible with all the major mobile and streaming devices, including Android (smartphone, tablet, and TV), iOS (iPhone & iPad), Apple TV, Roku, Desktop/PC via browsers (Windows, Mac, and Linux), Amazon Firestick/Fire TV, Xbox, Samsung Smart TV, LG Smart TV, and Vizio Smart TV.
How to Get Sling TV on Different Devices in Australia?
If you are in Australia, it is not simple to get Sling TV on any of the mentioned devices except Desktop/PC. Here is how you can get Sling TV on your favorite devices in Australia:
How to get Sling TV in Australia on iPhone/iPad?
To get Sling TV in Australia on your iPhone or iPad, you need to change your App Store country from Australia to the USA. Here is how you can do it:
- Open the “Settings” on your iPhone/iPad and tap on your ID profile.
- Now open the “Media & Purchases” option, then tap on “View Account”. It will ask your “Passcode” or “Touch ID” for the verification. Enter your “Passcode” or “Touch ID”.
- Now tap on “Country/Region” > “Change Country or Region”, then select USA as your country.
- Once you select the United States, the “Terms and Conditions” page will open. Select “Agree” to proceed.
- Now enter all the required details. In address section, you need to provide USA address and postal code. you can use this information (Street: 3157 Monroe Avenue, City: Palmetto, State: Florida, Postal Code: 34221, Phone number: 904-208-8753).
- Now enter “Done” and wait for the process.
- Once the process is complete, now your App Store region is change to USA. Go to App Store and download the Sling TV app.
- After downloading the Sling TV app, open the VPN app, connect to the USA server and start watching!
How to get Sling TV on Android in Australia (Smartphone, Tablets, & Smart TV)?
There are two ways to get Sling TV on Android devices outside the USA. The first method is to create a new US Google Play Store account and download the Sling TV app. The second method is to change your existing Google Play Store region to the US and then download the Sling TV app. Here is how you can try both of these methods and download the Sling TV app on your Android device in Australia:
Method 1: Create New US Google Play Store Account
- Sign up for a VPN if you don’t have it already and download its app on your Android device.
- Now open the VPN app and sign in.
- Connect to the US server from the list.
- Now open your Android device “Settings” and search for Google Play Store app under the “Download” section.
- Now tap on “Google Play Store” and tap “Clear Data” then “Force Stop”.
- Open the Google Play Store app, sign in with your US Google account and download the Sling TV app.
Method 2: Change your Google Play Store Country to the USA
- First open the VPN app on your Android device and connect to the American server.
- Now head to Google Play Store and tap on the three bars located on the top left corner.
- Now tap on “Account” option. You will see your name and country.
- Change your country from Australia to USA and enter all the required information.
- Once you change Google Play Store’s country to USA, search for the Sling TV app and download it.
How to get Sling TV on Amazon Firestick/Fire TV in Australia?
Similar to iOS and Android, to get Sling TV on your Amazon Firestick or Fire TV, you need to change your country to the USA. Here is how you can change your Amazon account country:
- Sign in to your Amazon account on browser that you are using with your Firestick or Fire TV device.
- Now hover the cursor on “Account and Lists” option and click on “Content and Devices”.
- Now click on the “Preferences” option and click on the “Country/Region” settings.
- Select the “Change” option located next to your country.
- Now enter all the required information and US address and click “Update”. You can find US address on the internet.
- Now restart your Firestick/Fire TV device, and sign in with your same account.
- Search for the Sling TV app and download it.
How to get Sling TV in Australia on TV (Roku, Apple TV, Samsung Smart TV, LG Smart TV & Vizio Smart TV)?
Getting Sling TV on TV devices that do not support VPN app directly is a bit complex compared to other devices. To get Sling TV on devices like Roku, Apple TV, Samsung, LG, and Vizio smart TV in Australia is only possible by using the VPN Smart DNS feature or setting up a VPN directly on your home router. However, this is what we don’t recommend to you because not all routers support VPNs.
Rather than using these two options, we recommend using TV sticks like Amazon Firestick that hardly costs you around $25 to $30 dollar to get Sling TV in Australia.
Pricing and Plans: Sling Orange vs. Sling Blue
Orange and Blue are the two basic plans offered by Sling TV. Both of these plans cost $35 a month but both of them have a different channel lineup. You can also subscribe to the Sling TV Orange + Blue combo plan by paying an additional $15.
Each plan offers great channels line up with the option of adding more channels to make the perfect package you need.
Both Sling TV plans do not offer a free trial. But for new subscribers, Sling TV is offering a $10 discount.
Also with Sling TV, apart from watching live streaming, you can also record movies and TV shows on Cloud DVR to watch them later. Continue reading if you want to know more about Sling TV Blue and Orange plans.
What is the Sling TV Orange Plan?
In the past Sling TV Orange plan was the most affordable plan. But now it costs the same as Sling TV Blue that is $35/month. The Orange plan provides you access to 32 live channels, including BBC America, ESPN, TNT, CNN, and TBS. With Sling Orange, you can watch or record only one channel at a time.
What is the Sling TV Blue Plan?
By paying $35 a month for Sling TV Blue, you get access to 47 live channels. However, Blue plan does not every channel that Orange plan offers. For example, ESPN and Disney Channel are not available with Blue plan. But unlike the Orange plan, with the Sling TV Blue plan, you can stream or record content on up to three devices simultaneously. Additionally, Sling TV Blue users also access NBC stations, SyFy and Bravo.
Channel Line Up: Sling TV Blue vs Orange
|Cartoon Network / Adult Swim||Yes||Yes|
|NBA League Pass*||Yes*||Yes*|
|Nat Geo Wild||Yes||No|
* for an extra $29 per month
Can I get Sling TV in Australia?
Officially Sling TV is only available in the USA because of content distribution and copyright policies. However, you can still watch and get the Sling TV app by obtaining a US IP address via VPN. All you need to do is sign up for a VPN and download its app. Once you downloaded the app, sign in with your username and password and connect to the American server. Now when the connection is established, head to the Sling TV website or app, sign in and start streaming in Australia.
Can I watch Sling TV while traveling?
Yes, you can watch Sling TV while traveling on your mobile devices, including smartphones, tablets, and laptops. However, keep in mind that if you are traveling outside the USA like Australia, you need to use a VPN to access Sling TV there because of content copyrights policies.
How many devices can use Sling TV?
It depends on what Sling TV package you are using. Sling TV Blue users can stream or record up to three devices simultaneously. Sling TV Orange users can only stream your record content only on one device at a time.
Can I watch Sling TV for free?
Yes, Sling TV offers over 5000 TV shows and movies free. Sling free live up to its name – no credit card or registration required. However, all the content that is available under Sling free is add supported. You can watch Sling free content on the Sling TV website or through its app on Amazon Firestick/Fire TV, Roku, Android TV, and Android smartphones and tablets. On the website, to watch Sling free content, click on the “Watch Free Now” option. On the app, tap on “Explore Free Shows” and start streaming. But keep in mind if you need a VPN to access Sling free or any content on Sling TV outside the USA because of content geo-location policies.
Is Sling Free available on iOS and Apple TV?
Sadly, Sling Free is not available on iOS (iPad/iPhone) and Apple TV. However, according to company officials, the company will expand its free content experience on more devices in the future.