Did you plan a big movie night with your friends or family on your new Smart TV and later realize that Australian Netflix has minimum content that you have already watched?
Disappointing, indeed! But we have got you covered because we know three ways to access American Netflix on Smart TV in Australia.
Smart TVs are fancy, but the trendiest and upcoming shows matter to enjoy your pastime, for which Australian Netflix will not suffice. The US Netflix colossal library is way better than Netflix Australia as it includes two to three times more series and movies.
Although the streaming platform is the same, the content licensing rights in different countries cause variances in Netflix libraries.
But how is it possible to trespass this streaming platform with strict geo-blockers? You will need a Virtual Private Network (VPN) to invade the US Netflix.
Do you want to know how you can watch American Netflix on Smart TV in Australia? Let’s get right into it by using three different methods.
- Why American Netflix is Better than Australian Netflix and How VPN Works to Invade?
- How to Watch American Netflix on Smart TV in Australia?
- 3 Best VPNs to Watch American Netflix on Smart TV in Australia
- Top Recommendation – ExpressVPN
- Budget-friendly VPN – NordVPN
- Reliable VPN – PrivateVPN
- Why Paying for a Reliable VPN is Better Than a Free VPN to Watch American Netflix on Smart TV in Australia?
- Ending Note
Why American Netflix is Better than Australian Netflix and How VPN Works to Invade?
The American Netflix catalogue is more massive than Australian Netflix. Netflix in Australia does not have several popular old and new shows and movies available in the US Netflix library.
Do you think that Netflix is favouring America above other countries? No, that’s not the case. American Netflix possesses the copyrights and the license to display all the enticing, interesting, and upcoming content.
Therefore, to not miss out on the most popular shows and movies, you need to opt for a legal and secure method to bypass the Netflix USA library. That devious tool is called VPN.
A VPN spoofs Netflix by changing your IP address. Since the IP address consists of your Australian location, it swaps your precise location with the American one. It helps you enter the dominion filled with amazing and your most favourite content.
Now you know how the VPN works, let’s come back to our main query, “how to get American Netflix on Smart TV in Australia?”
How to Watch American Netflix on Smart TV in Australia?
Smart TVs are not directly compatible with VPN apps; therefore, you must use alternative methods to access American Netflix in Australia. These methods are as follows:
Method 1: Using a VPN Router
- Install and download your favourite VPN, like ExpressVPN, on your router device.
- Connect it to the American-based server.
- Now connect your router device to the Smart TV.
- Launch your Smart TV’s Netflix app and enter your Australian account credentials.
- Congratulations! You have entered the US Netflix library.
Method 2: Use Amazon Fire TV or Fire TV Stick
- Search for a good VPN provider on your Fire TV stick; we recommend ExpressVPN. Download and subscribe to it.
- Connect to the US-based server.
- Exit the VPN app and launch your Netflix app.
- Enter your Australian Netflix account credentials. Voila! You now have access to Netflix USA.
Method 3: Using SmartDNS Through VPN
- Install and subscribe to a VPN service; we prefer ExpressVPN.
- Search for SmartDNS and activate it after verifying your IP address.
- You will receive an email once the procedure is complete.
- SmartDNS is now activated, and you have to connect it to your Smart TV.
Configure SmartDNS on LG Smart TV
- Turn on your TV and visit Network Settings.
- Choose the internet connection type, either Ethernet or Wi-fi.
- Now, press Advanced Settings, then Edit, and disable Set Automatically.
- Enter SmartDNS addresses manually from ExpressVPN’s website.
- Your SmartDNS is now connected to LG Smart TV.
- Open your Netflix account, sign in using your Australian account credentials and enjoy the US Netflix vast library.
Configure SmartDNS on Samsung Smart TV
- Turn your TV on and go to Menu.
- Choose Network and go to the Network Status option.
- Scroll below and press the IP settings.
- Search for DNS Settings and choose Enter Manually.
- Copy the SmartDNS address from the ExpressVPN website and click enter.
- Your SmartDNS is now activated to watch US Netflix.
Not every VPN is safe and secure to use; that is why it is necessary to invest in a reliable and trustworthy provider. We have combed through the internet and listed three of the best VPNs that will not disappoint you!
Offers 30-day money-back guarantee!
3 Best VPNs to Watch American Netflix on Smart TV in Australia
These are as follows:
Top Recommendation – ExpressVPN
ExpressVPN is one of the best to invade American Netflix on your Smart TV in Australia. Its colossal 3000+ servers in 90+ countries will make it straightforward for you to bypass these strict geo-blockers without any geo-location errors.
Moreover, it offers optimum streaming quality and will encrypt your connections. Plus, you can connect five different devices from a single account to unblock all the unavailable services and websites.
It also provides a SmartDNS system to watch American Netflix or other streaming platforms on Smart TV in Australia. In short, this tool is secure, deletes user history, and keeps your location hidden while trespassing on geo-blocked platforms.
Offers 30-day money-back guarantee!
Other streaming services/shows you can watch with ExpressVPN:
Budget-friendly VPN – NordVPN
It is another great option if you want to invade US Netflix or other streaming platforms on your Smart TV in Australia. This VPN provider is highly regarded as it is compatible with various devices and software.
What’s more, its 5000+ hyperfast servers in 60+ countries will help you stream US Netflix in Australia without any video lags. It also comes with SmartDNS technology that allows users to use VPN apps on devices that do not support VPN.
What else? It allows six multi-logins from a single account and secures your online activities and personal data from prying eyes.
Offers 30-day money-back guarantee
Reliable VPN – PrivateVPN
PrivateVPN is an underrated tool, but it is the best VPN provider for watching American Netflix and other streaming platforms like Showtime, PeacockTV, HBO Max, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, ITV, Paramount Plus, and Freeform in Australia.
In addition, this VPN works slightly differently than the other two VPNs. First, you have to pick a streaming service instead of a server. Then, the app will notify you of its best working servers from the 200+ servers in 60+ countries.
What makes this VPN the best? It offers 100% anonymity, has military-grade encryption for secure connectivity, deletes history, and can support six multi-logins from a single account.
Why invest in a paid VPN service when free VPNs are available for usage? This is the most asked question, and here are the following reasons you shouldn’t go for a free VPN.
Offers 30-day money-back guarantee!
Why Paying for a Reliable VPN is Better Than a Free VPN to Watch American Netflix on Smart TV in Australia?
These free services lure people into using their products and, in return, harm users in plenty of ways. Firstly, their encrypted tunnels are not entirely safe. They possess holes that can leak your private information or data.
You do not want onlookers to get their hands on your private information and use them for fraudulent purposes, right?
Secondly, they sell your data to advertisers and third parties without your consent to earn money in return. Moreover, their limited servers are so slow that you won’t be able to use American Netflix on your Smart TV in Australia without buffering issues.
So you see why paying a small price is better than paying a bigger one by using a free VPN?
What are the advantages of SmartDNS?
SmartDNS are pretty easy to configure almost on all internet-supported devices, including Smart TVs and gaming consoles. Plus, they offer hyperfast connectivity.
Is VPN legal to use for streaming American Netflix in Australia?
Yes! Because Australia has not passed any laws regarding the usage of VPN. Therefore, it is completely legal.
Do I need an American Netflix account to watch Netflix USA in Australia?
No! Enter your Australian Netflix account credentials after changing your IP address with the VPN to watch Netflix USA.
It’s pretty easy to stream American Netflix on Smart TV in Australia, right? You only need a reliable VPN, like ExpressVPN, to connect it to your Smart TV via any of the three methods mentioned above and begin streaming your favourite US Netflix content.