Once you know, it’s relatively straightforward to watch Channel 4 in Australia. All it takes is a clever little trick and an internet connection.
To be honest, it sucks that many great streaming services aren’t available in Australia – but this neat method will help you enter the realm of Channel 4 (All 4) you can imagine. So without any further delay, let’s get started.
- What is Channel 4 (All 4) and Why is it Not in Australia
- How to Watch Channel 4 (All 4) in Australia?
- Where Can I Watch Channel 4 (All 4) in Australia?
- How to Watch Channel 4 (All 4) on iPhone/iPad, Android, Amazon Firestick/Fire TV, Roku, Smart TV, PlayStation, Xbox, and Apple TV in Australia?
- Testing Criteria for Choosing the Best VPN to Watch Channel 4 (All 4) in Australia?
- Best VPN to Watch Channel 4 (All 4) in Australia
- How VPN Unblocks Channel 4 (All 4) in Australia?
- How Much Does Channel 4 (All 4) Cost in Australia?
- Channels that You Can Stream On Channel 4 (All 4)
- Best Channel 4 (All 4) Movies and Shows
- FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions
What is Channel 4 (All 4) and Why is it Not in Australia
Channel 4 is a vast and free public British TV service that broadcasts both original and industry content. Launching back in 1982, Channel 4 slowly made its way to the top watched UK TV channels with 51.1 million views, just next to BBC One.
Channel 4 is geo-blocked and restrained to the UK only because of the rights licensing issue of independent companies whose content it broadcasts.
However, the good thing is that you can unlock Channel 4 from anywhere in the world, and here’s how:
How to Watch Channel 4 (All 4) in Australia?
Here’s what you need to do step-by-step to watch Channel 4 in Australia – or anywhere else in the world:
- A reliable VPN with multiple servers in the UK
- Channel 4 (All 4) subscription
Howtowatch.com.au testing team tried multiple VPNs recommended by reputable websites to find the best VPN to watch Channel 4 (All 4) in Australia. After testing 27 VPN services, our testing team found ExpressVPN the best VPN followed by NordVPN, Surfshark, and PrivateVPN (keep scrolling for a detailed VPN review)
Once you subscribe for a VPN, it’s time to sign up for Channel 4 (All 4) for free.
How to Subscribe to Channel 4 (All 4) in Australia for Free?
Here’s how you can subscribe to Channel 4 (All 4) in Australia for Free:
- First, connect to the UK server using a VPN.
- Now set your device’s time to London’s time (GMT 0).
- Visit the Channel 4 (All 4) website and create your account while entering a UK address and postal code – you can easily find these on Google.
- Once the account is ready, log in while the VPN is still connected and start enjoying the ultimate TV experience.
Note: As far as postal codes are concerned, select G1 1XW for Glasgow and SW1P 2TX & EC3A 8BF for London.
Wasn’t this exceptionally easy? VPN is the little trick I mentioned earlier. And the good thing is there’s absolutely no risk here – as long as you don’t use a free VPN.
Where Can I Watch Channel 4 (All 4) in Australia?
Here is the list of devices where you can watch Channel 4 (All 4) through apps or directly on the official website:
- Laptop/PC (Windows/Mac)
- Amazon Firestick/Fire TV
- Xbox Series S/X
- Apple TV
- Smart TV with Android OS
- Samsung TV with TizenOS
How to Watch Channel 4 (All 4) on iPhone/iPad, Android, Amazon Firestick/Fire TV, Roku, Smart TV, PlayStation, Xbox, and Apple TV in Australia?
How to Download and Watch Channel 4 (All 4) on iPhone/iPad in Australia?
Here’s how to download and watch Channel 4 on your iPhone/iPad in Australia:
- First, go to “Settings” on iOS device, and click on your profile.
- Now tap on “Media & Purchases”, then tap on “View Account”. It will ask for your “Passcode” or “Touch ID” for verification. Enter your “Passcode” or “Touch ID”.
- Now tap on “Country/Region” -> “Change Country or Region”, then select the United Kingdom as your country.
- Once you select the United States, the “Terms and Conditions” page will open. Select “Agree” to proceed.
- Now enter all the required details. In the address section, you need to provide a UK address and postal code that you can easily find on Google.
- Now enter “Done” and wait for the process.
- Once the process is complete, your App Store region is changed to the UK. Go to the App Store and download the Channel 4 (All 4) app.
- After downloading the Channel 4 app, open the VPN app, connect to the UK server, and start watching!
How to Download and Watch Channel 4 (All 4) on Android Devices in Australia?
Follow these steps to download the Channel 4 (All 4) app in Australia on your Android devices:
- First, open the VPN app on your Android device and connect to the UK server.
- Now open the Play Store app and tap on the 3 bars located on the top left of the screen.
- Go to the “Account” section where you will find your name and country.
- Now select the UK as your country and enter all the required details.
- Once your region changes to the UK, you can download the All 4 (Channel 4) app and start streaming in Australia.
How to Download and Watch Channel 4 (All 4) on Amazon Firestick/Fire TV in Australia?
Here’s how you can download Channel 4 (All 4) on your Firestick/Fire TV device:
- Visit the Amazon website and log in to your existing account.
- Now click on the “Accounts & Lists” option and then click on “Your Accounts and Content.”
- Now change your region to the UK from Australia.
- Connect your Amazon Firestick device with your TV and then click on “Settings”.
- Log out or deregister your account and then sign in again.
- Now download Channel 4 (All 4) and the VPN app from the App Store.
- Open the VPN app and connect to the UK server.
- Open the Channel 4 app and start watching in Australia.
How to Download and Watch Channel 4 (All 4) on Roku, Apple TV, Smart TV, PlayStation, and Xbox?
Using a VPN is a bit complex with streaming devices that do not support VPN apps such as Roku, Smart TVs (without Android), Apple TV, PlayStation, and Xbox.
There are three ways to get Channel 4 in Australia on one of these devices. First, you can set up a Smart DNS on these devices and watch Channel 4 (All 4) on these devices in Australia.
Or set up a VPN on your home router and then connect the home internet to stream Channel 4 in Australia.
Or you can make your Desktop/PC virtual router and stream Channel 4 in Australia on these devices.
However, if you would rather not get into this VPN setup hassle, you can cast through Chromecast, AirPlay, or use Amazon Firestick to stream All 4 on a big screen in Australia.
Testing Criteria for Choosing the Best VPN to Watch Channel 4 (All 4) in Australia?
Your choice of VPN is like one of those key choices you make once in a lifetime. Ideally, your VPN service should offer you these features to watch Channel 4 (All 4) in Australia:
- Fast and dedicated servers to unblock geo-blocked British streaming services like Channel 4, BBC iPlayer, ITVX (previously ITV Hub), and more in Australia.
- Offers dedicated apps and software support for all major streaming devices including Roku, Apple TV, Smart TV, iOS, Android, Amazon Firestick/Fire TV, PlayStation, Xbox, etc.
- Comes with excellent unblocking capability and dedicated servers for streaming that allow a great streaming experience without buffering and poor video quality issues.
- Provides at least five simultaneous connections per account to watch on different devices at the same time.
- Offers highly unbreakable security protocols such as military-grade encryption, kill switch, IP, and DNS leak protection to keep your online activities anonymous and safe from hackers.
- Provides 24/7 chat support and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Best VPN to Watch Channel 4 (All 4) in Australia
Based on the mentioned testing criteria we listed down the best VPNs to watch Channel 4 in Australia:
1. ExpressVPN – Recommended
ExpressVPN has been the top-rated VPN service for the past few years. With over 100 different server locations in the UK alone, it can crack open all the doors for you to watch Channel 4 in Australia.
The ExpressVPN app is pretty versatile, too. You can install it on Firestick, Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS and access your favourite streaming services.
The best things about ExpressVPN are blazing speeds, abundant servers, and highly responsive customer support.
NordVPN is a serious competitor to all the VPNs out there with extreme affordability, double VPN functionality, and the biggest market share.
Since 2012, Nord has made its space in the market by providing high-quality and high-speed VPN service and has earned a well-deserving share.
The modern Nord app has an attractive feature that quickly connects you to the fastest server based on your location by slapping the ‘Quick Connect Button’. In other VPNs, you’ve to select a location manually.
Although not the top dog, Surfshark is another personal favorite for many reasons, the most significant being a high affordability rating.
Although you might find some other services offering unbelievable packages, it’s better to maintain a balance between price and market trust.
PrivateVPN is like the new smart guy in class everyone’s jealous of. Speedily climbing the ranks, PrivateVPN, as yet, is a relatively smaller network of private servers, but when it comes to unlocking geo-blocked services, it’s impressive.
PrivateVPN, too, is available on a variety of devices like other VPNs on the list. The only problem is that at times, their servers demonstrate inconsistent speeds. There’s not much of a difference, but still, it is what it is.
Once you’ve subscribed to one of these trusted VPN services, you’ll be good to follow the simple procedure of connecting to the UK server and starting to watch Channel 4 in Australia.
How VPN Unblocks Channel 4 (All 4) in Australia?
Okay, so you know how some movies, shows, and even live sports are restricted to different streaming services such as Channel 4, Hulu, HBO Max, and BBC iPlayer due to content licensing?
And not only content they are also geo-blocked in most countries apart from their home country.
For example, Channel 4 (All 4) is a British streaming service that is available in the UK only due to a copyright agreement.
But with the help of a VPN can stream Channel 4 outside the UK from anywhere around the globe.
How? A VPN works by making your streaming device look like it’s in another place, like in the UK by masking your local country IP and changing with the UK or any country of your choice.
So, when you use a VPN and try to watch something on Channel 4, Channel 4 will think you’re in the UK and let you stream your favorite content in Australia.
It’s like pretending to be someone else, but it’s completely legal and safe. Think of it like using a magic cloak to make your streaming device look like it’s in a different place.
So, if you’re in Australia, you can use a VPN to make your streaming device seem like it’s in the UK and watch Channel 4 shows and movies that are only available in America.
How Much Does Channel 4 (All 4) Cost in Australia?
The cost of getting Channel 4 is relatively way cheaper than other popular streaming services like Hulu, HBO Max, Peacock TV, and YouTube TV in Australia.
The good thing if ads don’t bother you much, you can sign up for the All 4 free plan. This means you only have to pay for a VPN service.
A reliable VPN service like ExpressVPN will cost you $12/month and this is the cost of getting Channel 4 in Australia.
You can also use ExpressVPN’s 30-day money-back guarantee to watch your favorite TV show, movie, and even live sports completely free.
And if you would rather not see ads, you can opt for the All 4+ plan. This Channel 4 premium plan offers the same content as the free plan but without ads that cost £3.99/month ($7/month) or £39.99/year ($72/year).
*All prices are in AUD
Channels that You Can Stream On Channel 4 (All 4)
Since Channel 4 is a television network, there are many channels you can access. Here’s a list of channels that you can stream:
- All 4
- Walter Presents
A lot of variety right there!
Best Channel 4 (All 4) Movies and Shows
Channel 4’s content is the reason for its overtime success that has made it a streamer’s paradise. From horror to comedy, it has nailed every genre there is. Let’s look at the best Channel 4 Movies and shows:
- The Great British Bake Off
- Treasure Island with Bear Grylls
- The Bisexual
- Peep Show
- Chewing Gum
- The State
- Born to Kill
- The Clinton Affair
- Ramsay’s Kitchen Nightmares
- Spencer, Vogue and Baby Too
- The West Wing
- 30 Rock (Series 1-7)
- Married at First Sight
- Catastrophe (Series 1 – 3)
Now’s your time to binge-watch Channel 4 and stream these movies and shows too dear to my heart.
Note: Keep the VPN connection to the UK server at all times while streaming. Only disconnect (if needed) when you’re not streaming.
Not that there is any danger, but Channel 4 won’t work without the VPN.
FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some questions you might also have in your mind.
What countries is Channel 4 available in?
Channel 4 also known as All 4 is only available in the UK. It’s geo-restricted outside the country.
How do I get All 4 on my TV?
This depends on the TV that you’re using, but generally, you’ll be able to either find the app in the relevant OS app store, or you can head over to www.channel4.com and start streaming.
What you do need to make sure of, however, is that your TV must support the VPN you’ve bought because you can’t watch Channel 4 from outside the UK without a VPN.
Can you watch Channel 4 for free?
Channel 4 is free as it is a 100% advertiser-funded service. Everyone loves free content, and Channel 4 knows that. Surprising as it is, even if you’re from outside the UK, you won’t have to pay for it. The only costs you’ll have to bear are VPN costs.
Is It illegal to use a VPN for Channel 4 in Australia?
No, using a VPN is 100% legal in Australia to protect online privacy and watch your favorite geo-blocked content including Channel 4.
Why does Channel 4 not work on VPN in Australia?
This happens when Channel 4 blocks your VPN server. But there is no need to worry since you can use another UK IP address to make Channel 4 work on VPN in Australia if you are using reliable ones such as ExpressVPN, NordVPN, and PrivateVPN.
Which VPN works with Channel 4?
Why can’t I register with All 4?
If this happens, go to the Channel 4 setting and look for an app or software update then try again. If you still won’t be able to register with All 4, reinstall the app and try again.
Can I watch All 4 without app?
Yes, you can watch All 4 (previously Channel 4) without downloading the app by visiting All 4 official website and start streaming.
Is Channel 4 free on phone?
Yes, Channel 4 is a free service that won’t charge you a penny if you are trying to access it on an iOS or Android phone.
With that said, we can safely conclude that to watch Channel 4 in Australia, all it takes is a clever little trick and an internet connection. Smart, isn’t it? Just like this, you can unblock services like HBO Max, American Netflix, Peacock TV, and much more.
If used the right way, VPNs are actually pretty fun. Just make sure to keep in mind all the requirements before buying: trusted, safe, and fast.