Looking for legitimate ways to watch Hulu in Australia in 2022? Buckle up, in this article, We’ll teach you not one, but FOUR easy ways to watch Hulu from the Australian continent. Let’s get to it!
How to Watch Hulu in Australia [Step by Step Instructions]
You need to do the following two things to stream Hulu in Australia:
- Get a VPN (Virtual Private Network) that can unblock Hulu
- Sign up for Hulu account if you don’t have already
Let’s first talk about how to use a VPN to watch Hulu in Australia:
- Register with a VPN – our top recommendation is ExpressVPN.
- Download and Install the VPN app on your preferred device.
- Connect to a US-based VPN server.
- Visit the Hulu website or app, sign in and start chilling.
Short and sweet. But what if you don’t have a Hulu account and want to get the subscription while living in Australia? here is how to sign up for a Hulu account in Australia:
- How to Watch Hulu on Xbox in Australia
- How to Watch Hulu on PlayStation in Australia
- How to Watch Hulu on iPhone/iPad in Australia
- How to Watch Hulu on Android in Australia
- How to Watch Hulu on Apple TV in Australia
- How to watch Hulu on Amazon Firestick/FireTV in Australia
Subscribing to Hulu in Australia using Non-US Payment Method
I have brainstormed four methods to subscribe to Hulu in Australia:
Method 1 – Use StatesCard
Follow these three simple steps.
- Sign up with statescard.com and have your account verified (using email).
- Use a legal document (driver’s license/passport) and verify your identity.
- Transfer money into your StatesCard using your bank or PayPal.
And…done, you’re ready to purchase Hulu. Isn’t it a bit too simple?
Method 2 – Use PayPal US
This is my favorite method.
- Create a new PayPal US account using a VPN connection to a US server.
- Use a credit card that’s not being used for any other PayPal account, and sign up using North American zip code.
- An address can be easily found on Google, they won’t be verifying so put whatever sounds good.
This method is my favorite because of its crispiness: it’s quick and hardly ever fails.
Method 3 – Use eBay Gift Card
This is another snappy way.
- Go to ebay.com and buy a Hulu gift card – use the code in your email inbox to subscribe to Hulu.
- Before subscribing, connect VPN to a US-based server.
- Things haven’t been simpler!
Method 4 – Go Manual
A manual yet subjective way. If you’ve got a friend in the US, ask them to get a subscription for you. It’s subjective because you might not know anyone in the US.
How to Choose the Best VPN to Watch Hulu
Choosing the best VPN is no problem. Make sure your VPN promises these things:
- Worldwide servers – a LOT of them.
- Encrypted, secure, and high-speed data transmission.
- One subscription is usable for multiple devices and multiple different connections.
- Protection against ISPs, hackers, and advertisers.
It’s a shoot-on-sight, guys. Once you see a VPN offering these, be fast and seal the deal.
Best VPNs for Hulu Australia
Let me narrow down the list of prime suspects for you. These are the best VPN services available to watch Hulu in Australia. Shoot the one you think is the best!
1. ExpressVPN – Recommended for Hulu Australia
Offering a whopping 160 server locations in 90+ countries, the ExpressVPN is a bigger kingdom than England once was.
The ‘MediaStreamer’ feature makes ExpressVPN super fast, easy and secure to unblock unavailable American content like Hulu. Plus, you can use one subscription on five devices —a family pack, I guess?
And, by far, the best thing, the one that makes ExpressVPN so trusted, is their protection. So, even if you’re using public Wi-Fi to watch Hulu from Australia, your data, device, and you are safe.
Other streaming services/shows you can watch with ExpressVPN:
- HBO Max in Australia
- American Netflix in Australia
- The Responder in Australia
- Dollface Season 2 in Australia
2. NordVPN – Pocket Friendly Choice to Watch Hulu Australia
The Apple of VPNs, Nord features SmartPlay for you to access platforms like Hulu, Netflix, and Amazon Prime where they aren’t available (i.e. Australia), at top speeds.
Solely across the US, NordVPN has 1970 servers with 15 available locations. That means you’ll always safely be connected to the server and will be able to watch Hulu from Australia whenever you like.
That’s the goal, fellas. Work so hard that the number of your servers looks like a year.
The fact that NordVPN can be operated on six devices simultaneously excites me the most. This is more than what you’re paying them for.
Offers 30-day money-back guarantee
Other streaming services/ shows you can watch with NordVPN:
3. Surfshark – User Friendly VPN to Unblock Hulu in Australia
And while everyone loves over-delivery, Surfshark is the master of it.
Surfshark has an unbelievable 3200-server system in more than 65 countries, giving you an open choice to be whoever you want to be over the net.
However, to watch Hulu from Australia, you’ll have to bear with US-based locations only—that Surfshark does extremely well with its high-speed servers.
And did I not tell you that you can use it on unlimited devices at once? Whew, my bad. With a very affordable membership, your whole fam can enjoy Hulu while in Australia!
Offers 30-day money-back guarantee!
Other streaming services/shows/movies you can watch with Surshark:
4. PrivateVPN – Reliable Choice to Stream Hulu in Australia
Although the network is small, PrivateVPN is an excellent target with 150 superfast servers across 60 countries. It supports 4K video streaming for services like Amazon Prime, DisneyPlus, and, of course, Hulu.
And you know what ‘special’ about PrivateVPN? The relatively small network has the benefit of being the cheapest of all three.
So, almost the same quality with lower prices – sounds like the best VPN for Hulu Australia!
Offers 30-day money-back guarantee!
Other streaming services you can watch with PrivateVPN:
How a VPN Lets You Access Geo-Restricted Content
Like your home address, the internet connection you are using has your IP address that is visible to everyone.
Hulu, on the other hand, has to follow the content distribution policies and streaming rights.
And due to these policies until now Hulu has no right to offer its content in Australia or anywhere around the world except the USA.
This is why Hulu uses an IP tracking system to block all the users who try to access their streaming service outside the USA.
So when you try to access Hulu in Australia, it triggers the streaming service IP tracking system. And based on your Australian IP address, it immediately blocks you.
This is where a VPN comes in! A Virtual Private Network aka VPN masks your local IP address and changes it with the country’s IP address of your choice.
In this way, you can trick Hulu that you are residing in the USA instead of Australia. So when you connect to the USA server using a VPN, it hides your Australian IP address and changes it with the American IP address.
After that when you access Hulu in Australia, based on your US IP address, the streaming service’s IP tracking system thinks that you are somewhere in the US and allows you to access the Hulu in Australia.
This is how a VPN allows you to access geo-restricted content in Australia or anywhere abroad.
Can I Use a Free VPN to Watch Hulu in Australia in 2022?
While it seems like a good idea, it’s pretty bad.
A good chunk of these VPNs is already blacklisted. You’ll be at 24/7 risk as your data isn’t secure or encrypted. In fact, your data is sold to advertisers for fundraising and profiteering.
Even if you find a decent provider, the restricted and inefficient servers would rather make you hate the ‘buffering’ Hulu. These slow speeds will, of course, bring viruses with them as well.
Are you safe? Definitely not.
Best Hulu Movies and TV Shows
Hulu has great content and that’s probably why you’re so interested in acquiring a subscription. Here are a few titles that have helped Hulu set the bar high:
- Look at Me: XXXTentacion
- Dragons: The Nine Realms
- The Hardy Boys
- The Handmaid’s Tale
- PEN 15
- Star Trek
- Love, Victor
- Star Trek
- Keeping Up With The Kardashians
- The Housewife and the Hustler
- Under The Banner of Heaven
- South Park
- Marvel’s Runaways
- Into the Dark
- The Act
And trust me, a lot more. Hulu is just a gift that keeps on giving—literally.
Where Can I Watch Hulu in Australia?
Here is the list of devices where you can watch Hulu in Australia:
- Android smartphones/tablets/smart TV
- Amazon Firestick/Fire TV
- Apple TV
- Nitendo Switch
- LG TV (Selected Models)
- Samsung TV (Selected Models)
How to Get Hulu on iPhone/iPad, Android, Amazon FireStick/Fire TV, Roku, Smart TV, Apple TV, PlayStation, Xbox and Nitendo Switch in Australia?
How to Get Hulu in Australia on iPhone/iPad?
Here’s how to download Hulu on your iPhone/iPad in Australia:
- First, go to “Settings” on iOS device, and click on your profile.
- Now tap on the “Media & Purchases”, then tap on “View Account”. It will ask your “Passcode” or “Touch ID” for verification. Enter your “Passcode” or “Touch ID”.
- Now tap on “Country/Region” -> “Change Country or Region”, then select the United States as your country.
- Once you select the United States, the “Terms and Conditions” page will open. Select “Agree” to proceed.
- Now enter all the required details. In the address section, you need to provide a USA address and postal code that you can easily find it on Google.
- Now enter “Done” and wait for the process.
- Once the process is complete, now your App Store region is changed to the USA. Go to App Store and download the Hulu app.
- After downloading the Hulu app, open the VPN app, connect to the USA server and start watching!
How to Get Hulu in Australia on Android?
Follow these steps to download the Hulu app in Australia on your Android devices:
- First, open the VPN app on your Android device and connect to the USA server.
- Now open the Play Store app and tap on the 3-bars located on the top left of the screen.
- Go to the “Account” section where you will find your name and country.
- Now select the USA as your country and enter all the required details.
- Once your region changes to the USA, you can download the Hulu app and start streaming in Australia.
How to Get Hulu in Australia Amazon Firestick/Fire TV?
Here’s how you can download Hulu in Australia on your Firestick/Fire TV device:
- Visit the Amazon website and log in to your existing account.
- Now click on the “Accounts & Lists” option and then click on “Your Accounts and Content.”
- Now change your region to the USA from Australia.
- Connect your Amazon Firestick device with your TV and then click on “Settings”.
- Log out or deregister your account and then sign in back.
- Now download Hulu app and VPN app from App Store.
- Open the VPN app and connect to the USA server.
- Open the Hulu app and start watching in Australia.
How to Get Hulu in Australia on Roku, Apple TV, Smart TV, PlayStation, Xbox, and Nitendo Switch?
Using a VPN is a bit complex with streaming devices that do not support VPN app such as Roku, Smart TVs (without Android), Apple TV, PlayStation, Xbox, and Nitendo Switch.
There are three ways to get Hulu in Australia on one of these devices. First, you can set up a Smart DNS on these devices and watch Hulu on these devices in Australia.
Or set up a VPN on your home router and then connect the home internet to stream Hulu Australia.
Or you can make your Desktop/PC virtual router and stream Hulu in Australia on these devices.
We highly recommend ExpressVPN to get Hulu in Australia on all of these devices that do not support VPN native apps.
However, if you don’t want to get into this VPN setup hassle, you can cast through Chromecast, AirPlay, or use Amazon Firestick to stream Hulu on a big screen in Australia.
How Much Does Hulu Cost in Australia?
Hulu offers four plans for its subscribers which are as follows:
Hulu (with Ads)
This is the basic Hulu plan with ad-supported that costs $6.99 (AUD $9.73) per month or $69.99 (AUD $97) per year which gives you access to video-on-demand content.
Hulu (no Ads)
This plan gives you access to the same video-on-demand TV shows and movies but without ads at the cost of $12.99 (AUD $18) per month.
Hulu + Live TV (Ads Supported) with Disney+ and ESPN+ subscription
This plan costs $69.99 (AUD $97) per month that gives access to all the video-on-demand content, up to 60+ live channels such as news, live sports, live shows, and complete Disney+ and ESPN+ content with ads.
Hulu + Live TV (no Ads) with Disney+ and ESPN+ subscription
This plan costs $75.99 (AUD $106) per month that provides all the same content that “Hulu + Live TV (Ads supported) with Disney+ and ESPN+” offers but without ads. But keep in mind that any content which is not part of the Hulu content library will still have ads.
You can also get more add ons with a Hulu subscription by paying an additional amount including HBO Max, Showtime, Cinemax, and STARZ. You can also watch shows like American Idol through it.
Plus with a Live TV plan, you can get an unlimited screen add-on by paying $9.99 (AUD $14.99) per month and an enhanced cloud DVR add-on by paying $9.99 (AUD $14.99) per month. And if you can get both unlimited screen + enhanced cloud DVR add-on for $14.99 (AUD $21) per month.
And if you are a student, you can get Hulu ad-supported plan in just $1.99 (AUD $2.77) per month.
When is Hulu Coming to Australia?
Hulu essentially is a US-based TV streaming and video-on-demand (VOD) service with over 38.8 million users. Since its inception in 2007, Hulu has made its way through the fierce competition of Netflix and the likes by creating great content.
Disney – Hulu’s owner – has announced in December 2020 that they’ll be rolling out Hulu’s content through Disney+ using a side-channel called Star. This clears the air for one thing at least: Hulu isn’t coming anytime soon.
Still, if you’re comfortable with this brand – which after all is a part of Disney+, just like Star – you can use the VPN services above and stick to watching Hulu!
Here are some specific questions you might be looking for the answer to.
Can I watch Hulu in Australia?
How to Get Hulu Account in Australia?
Although there can be more ways, here are four authentic methods of purchasing a Hulu subscription from Australia:
1. Use StatesCard
2. Use PayPal US (sign up for it using a VPN connected to a US-based server)
3. Use an eBay gift card
4. Ask a friend in the US to do so for you.
Easy-peasy, right? This way, you’ll be paying for the subscription without risking anything.
What Devices Can I watch Hulu in Australia on?
Pretty much any device as long as the operating system supports the app. Windows, Android, Mac, iOS, Samsung SmartTV, Apple TV, and Amazon devices are most commonly used—just to name a few.
Why is Hulu Not Available in Australia?
Due to content distribution policies and streaming rights, Hulu is not available in Australia. However, you can still get Hulu in Australia by obtaining a US IP address using a VPN.
Is it Legal to Use a VPN to Stream Hulu in Australia?
Yes, it is 100% legal to use a VPN to stream Hulu in Australia. Using a VPN to protect online privacy and access geo-blocked content is completely legal in Australia.
How do I download the Hulu app in Australia?
You need to change your AppStore/PlayStore region to the USA to download the Hulu app in Australia on your iOS and Android devices.
Hulu Internet Speed Requirements
To get the best streaming experience on Hulu, the internet download speed must be a minimum of 3 Mbps for video-on-demand content and 8 Mbps for live content.
Does Hulu offer a free trial?
Hulu offers 30-day free trial for new users. You will get charged once your 30-day free trial ends.
Had a fun ride? Well, now it’s time to relax. But before that:
Go to Expressvpn.com and get your membership ASAP. Head over to statescard.com and get your Hulu subscription.
Once done with that, grab a cold one, lean back on your couch, turn on your VPN and enjoy watching Hulu from Australia in the most legitimate way possible!