Xbox is not limited to video gaming only, but it possesses multimedia functionality that lets you watch the most popular content on different platforms, including American Netflix. Yes, you read that right. So do you want to know how you can get American Netflix on Xbox in Australia?
Netflix is one of the services that Xbox offers for entertainment purposes. But since you are living in Australia, you are bound to watch the Australian Netflix limited catalogue. Upsetting, right?
American Netflix is not available for outsiders because of Geo-blocking. Plus, no other country’s Netflix catalogue can beat the American Netflix content library.
However, a legendary tool – VPN (Virtual Private Network) – can help you trespass those strict content geo-blockers to stream American Netflix on Xbox in Australia. Are you wondering how? Then, let’s get going!
- Why Can Australian Residents Not Access American Netflix Library? Why is VPN Mandatory?
- How to Watch American Netflix on Xbox in Australia?
- How to Use Netflix on Xbox?
- Top 3 VPNs to Watch American Netflix on Xbox in Australia
- Top Recommendation – ExpressVPN
- Budget-friendly VPN – NordVPN
- Reliable VPN – PrivateVPN
- Beware of Free VPN to Watch American Netflix on Xbox in Australia
Why Can Australian Residents Not Access American Netflix Library? Why is VPN Mandatory?
Netflix, although the same streaming platform in every country, offers a different content library. It’s absurd, right? So why are individuals in Australia restricted to seeing similar Netflix content available in America?
The primary reason is copyright and licensing issues. Netflix Australia has limited content because its owners do not possess the rights to display massive content. Therefore, US Netflix geo-blockers do not permit the entrance of outlanders.
The only way to get in and unblock the Netflix USA library is to either live in America or use a VPN. The latter option makes more sense. The VPN will mask your Australian identity and swap it with the American one.
It will spoof American Netflix into thinking you are an American resident; thus, you will gain entrance without any geo-location error.
Now, you know why having a VPN is crucial. Don’t worry because the tool is legit and legal to use and won’t cause you any trouble. Now, let’s go back to our real question: “how to watch American Netflix on Xbox in Australia?” Follow the steps below to get started!
Also read: How to get American Netflix in Australia
How to Watch American Netflix on Xbox in Australia?
Xbox does not support VPN providers; that’s why we have to use an alternative system like Smart DNS. Several great VPNs, like ExpressVPN, offer this feature that allows Xbox to stream American Netflix without displaying Netflix streaming errors.
Moreover, you can also connect to Xbox via an Ethernet cable. Follow this step-by-step guide to configure VPN on the Xbox through the Smart DNS method.
Activation of Smart DNS Using a VPN
- Install and subscribe to your favourite VPN; we recommend ExpressVPN.
- Log in by entering your credentials.
- Then, go to “My Account.”
- Search for the Smart DNS box and click Activate.
- Your email address will receive a confirmation email.
- After the completion of the process, enter your Smart DNS address on the Xbox console.
Connecting Xbox and Smart DNS via VPN to Watch American Netflix
- Bootstrap Xbox and go to Settings.
- Then, search for Advanced Network Settings.
- Choose DNS settings and press the “Manual” option.
- Enter your primary and secondary DNS addresses.
- Again visit Settings and this time press System.
- Click the Language and Location tab and press the USA.
- Restart the Xbox to enable its changes.
- That’s it! You have successfully configured the VPN on the Xbox.
Offers 30-day money-back guarantee!
Method 2: Connection Via Ethernet Cable
- Install and subscribe to VPN on your PC; we highly prefer ExpressVPN.
- Connect your Xbox to a PC via an Ethernet cable.
- Go to the Control Panel and press “Network and Sharing Center.”
- Now scroll to Change Adaptor Settings and click the internet connection.
- Select “Properties” and then click “Sharing.”
- Press “Allow other network users to connect through this PC internet connection.”
- Download the Netflix app on your Xbox, login, and enjoy streaming.
How to Use Netflix on Xbox?
After setting up your VPN on your Xbox device successfully, follow these steps to get Netflix.
- Install Netflix from the Xbox app store.
- Sign in by entering your Australian credentials.
- Unlock all the amazing content American Netflix offers.
Do you think every VPN is the same? Not at all! Every VPN can’t bypass American Netflix. Therefore, you have to opt for the best ones. These top three VPNs are as follows:
Top 3 VPNs to Watch American Netflix on Xbox in Australia
Top Recommendation – ExpressVPN
ExpressVPN is one of the fastest VPNs to watch American Netflix on your Xbox in Australia. Its colossal server park with 3000+ servers in 90+ countries makes trespassing easier.
Moreover, it provides secure encrypted tunnels, 100% anonymity, and deletes user activities. Plus, its five multi-logins enable users to connect ExpressVPN with compatible software and devices.
In addition, ExpressVPN comes with a MediaStreamer or Smart DNS system that helps connect Apple TV, SmartTV, and gaming consoles like Xbox and PlayStation.
Offers 30-day money-back guarantee!
Budget-friendly VPN – NordVPN
NordVPN is another reliable VPN provider with a well-functioning user interface app that will help you tune in to US Netflix on your Xbox. In addition, it has over 5000 hyperfast servers in 60+ countries that provide you with a buffer-free and lag-free streaming experience.
What’s more, its six multi-login options allow users to connect to different devices at a single time. Furthermore, it possesses a Smart DNS system that will help you run VPN on devices such as gaming consoles, SmartTV, and Apple TV in Australia.
Offers 30-day money-back guarantee
Reliable VPN – PrivateVPN
PrivateVPN is an impressive but underrated service that stellarly unblocks geo-restricted streaming platforms and websites.
It is composed of pre-configured applications – meaning that you will have to select the streaming platforms like American Netflix, CNBC, ABC, Showtime, Amazon Prime UK, NBC, Youtube TV, etc., that you want to bypass.
Once you choose the platform, the app will display all the available servers that you can connect to. It also provides military-grade encryption, optimum protection, a no-log policy, and six simultaneous device connections.
These are all the best VPN tools available today! But what about the free VPN? Will it be efficient enough to stream American Netflix in Australia?
Offers 30-day money-back guarantee!
Beware of Free VPN to Watch American Netflix on Xbox in Australia
A free VPN seems like a nice choice to run American Netflix content without any payment. However, there are more caveats than you can imagine.
Firstly, free VPNs encrypted tunnels are not entirely encrypted, and they possess holes from which onlookers or fraudulent people can steal and misuse your data or private information.
Secondly, they earn hefty money via selling user data to third parties and advertisers. So if you wish to use a free VPN on your Xbox, the providers can sell your entire data without consent.
Lastly, these VPN providers have extremely slow servers that will not let you use American Netflix without video lags and buffering issues.
What is the procedure of getting American Netflix legally on Xbox in Australia?
The procedure is pretty straightforward if you want to stream American Netflix legally on your Xbox in Australia.
- Download and subscribe to ExpressVPN.
- Connect to the US-based server compatible with Netflix.
- Legally stream American Netflix in Australia.
Why is American Netflix not working on my Xbox?
There can be a few problems that are causing American Netflix not to stream on your Xbox device. You might want to try these solutions out!
- Log in and out of Netflix again.
- Restart the Xbox.
- Plugin and out your Xbox.
- Check internet connection.
- Contact support if the solutions mentioned above are not working out for you.
So you see, having an American Netflix in Australia on your Xbox is pretty simple. You only need an outstanding VPN provider, like ExpressVPN, to do the job. Then, activate its DNS system to begin streaming on Xbox.