Paramount Plus is a versatile streaming service that supports almost all streaming platforms, including Smart TVs. You can stream Paramount Plus on your Samsung TV, Android TV, and Apple TV. However, location is the problem because the website is geo-restricted and is only available in the US territory.
Since you are an Australian resident, you will have to use a VPN or Virtual Private Network to access Paramount Plus on Smart TV in Australia. Plus, not just any VPN, you will need to subscribe to a top-notch, excellent, and reliable VPN service provider like ExpressVPN.
If you want more information on how to get Paramount Plus on your Smart TV in Australia, keep reading our guide!
How to Get Paramount Plus on Smart TV in Australia?
Follow the steps to get Paramount Plus your Smart TV in Australia:
- Subscribe and install an excellent VPN provider to unblock Paramount Plus; we prefer using ExpressVPN.
- Launch the app and connect to the US server.
- Head over to your Smart TV’s Home Screen, scroll to Apps, and open Google Play.
- Download the Paramount Plus app on your TV.
- Sign in or sign up to Paramount Plus and enjoy streaming its content catalog on Smart TV in Australia.
How to Set up ExpressVPN on Smart TV in Australia
ExpressVPN offers a MediaStreamer option through which you can immediately access any blocked website on your Smart TV in Australia. The steps include:
- Launch the web address to get the DNS hostname and select Create Account. Fill in the page and press Select. You will receive an email from Dynu to verify the account.
- Access the account from the link mentioned in your email. Tap DDNS Services and click + to enter the new DDNS service.
- Input your hostname and press + Add.
- Your public IP will be present below the IPv4 Address tab and our hostname will be at the top. On the settings bar, tap Off and save changes. Your DDNS hostname is now created.
- Log in to your ExpressVPN account.
- Go to DNS Settings and then Dynamic DNS Registration. Enter your hostname and click Save.
- Now go to your account settings and tap Dashboard. Then click Set Up Other Devices. Note the MediaStreamer IP address as you will need it later.
- Launch your Smart TV and click Menu on the TV’s remote. Tap Network and then Network Status.
- Now press IP Settings. Go to DNS Settings and enter manually.
- Next, input the IP address you noted earlier. Press Enter and tap OK.
- You are connected to the Internet will be displayed on the screen and tap Close.
There’s another method that does not work for all smart TVs but works for those that support ExpressVPN app like Android TV. The steps are as follows:
- Sign up and subscribe to ExpressVPN.
- Install its application from the Android TV Google Play Store. Tap Accept to confirm its permission.
- Tap OK to accept ExpressVPN’s connection request.
- Select the US-based server to unblock Paramount Plus.
- Once connected, enjoy the VPN-enabled browsing experience on the Smart TV in Australia.
Offers 30-day money-back guarantee!
How to Sign Up for Paramount Plus on Smart TV in Australia?
These are the simple steps to sign up for Paramount Plus on Smart TV in Australia:
- Activate your VPN and connect to the US server.
- Launch the Paramount Plus application and press Sign up. An access code will be displayed on the TV screen.
- Go to Paramountplus.com on the mobile web browser or computer and enter the access code and press Activate.
- Pick a subscription plan and press Continue.
- Now, you will be asked to create a Paramount Plus account. If you already have one, sign in.
- If you do not, enter your necessary credentials like name, email address, password, and payment details.
- Tap Start Paramount and a confirmation screen will pop up.
- Now, you can go to your TV to stream Paramount Plus in Australia.
How to Add Paramount Plus on the Apple TV?
This is how you will do it:
- Subscribe and install an excellent VPN provider; we prefer using ExpressVPN.
- Launch the VPN app and connect to the US server.
- Next, launch the Apple TV app.
- Look for the Paramount Plus app and tap Select.
- Tap Subscribe and you might be asked to log in with your Apple ID.
- Confirm the billing information.
- That’s it! Paramount Plus is successfully added to your Apple TV app.
Offers 30-day money-back guarantee!
FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions
Which Samsung TV models and versions does Paramount Plus support?
The streaming platform supports the Tizen operating system (2017 models and higher).
Which Android TV models and versions does Paramount Plus support?
Paramount Plus supports Nvidia Shield, Sony Bravia Android TV (2015 – current models), Hisense Android TV, TCL 3-Series Smart TV (Model 32S330), and selected Xiaomi devices.
Which Apple TV models and versions does Paramount Plus support?
It is compatible with
- Apple TV (4th generation)
- Apple TV 4K
- A1625 (Apple TV 4th gen.)
- A1842 (Apple TV 5th gen., 4K)
How to Fix Paramount Plus Streaming Issues on Smart TV in Australia?
If you face any issues, try these troubleshooting tips:
- Restart your Smart TV by simply disconnecting the TV or pressing Restart from Settings.
- Update the Paramount Plus application. Make sure you have the latest version.
- Update the device’s software version.
- Force close the Paramount Plus app and relaunch it to resume your streaming.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Paramount Plus app.
We hope you find this guide useful! We have tried to mention every little detail to help you stream the Paramount Plus content catalog on your Smart TV in Australia. All you need is a top-of-the-line VPN provider like ExpressVPN to help you bypass the geo-restricted website in Australia and you are good to go.
So follow the steps to get Paramount Plus on Smart TV in Australia!