Are you a streaming fan who has paid a substantial amount of money for a large TV screen and Apple TV but is stuck on watching the limited content from the Australian Netflix library? No need to worry because we know plenty of ways to remove your frustration and help you watch American Netflix on Apple TV in Australia.
The Australian Netflix library is not as extensive as American Netflix. Plus, these regional restrictions do not allow outsiders to stream other country’s content. Are you feeling stuck?
We will show you how you can get American Netflix on Apple TV in Australia. The trick is to search for a reliable VPN (Virtual Private Network) that works with your Apple TV. It will help you unblock Netflix USA.
So without wasting further time, let’s dig right into how you can watch American Netflix on Apple TV in Australia.
- Why American Netflix is Better than Australian Netflix and How VPN Works?
- How to Watch American Netflix on Apple TV in Australia?
- 3 Top-tier VPNs to Watch American Netflix on Apple TV in Australia
- Top Recommendation – ExpressVPN
- Budget-friendly VPN – NordVPN
- Reliable VPN – PrivateVPN
- Why Free VPN is Not the Best Choice When it Comes to Watching American Netflix on Apple TV in Australia?
- Wrapping Things Up
Why American Netflix is Better than Australian Netflix and How VPN Works?
American Netflix has two to threefold more content than Netflix Australia. Why is that so? It is because of the streaming and licensing rights. Australian Netflix owners do not have the rights to stream the colossal content that Netflix USA has.
Therefore, Australian residents can only stream limited content available in the library. Moreover, if you wish to stream the American Netflix catalogue, you can’t because the geo-blockers do not let you in.
However, a VPN can! A premium VPN provider is straightforward to use, fast, and secure. It will change your Apple TV’s location from Australia to the USA. Hence, making it easy for you to access its library without any geo-location errors.
In other words, a VPN targets IP addresses. It will replace your Australian IP address with the American one that will spoof or bluff US Netflix, and you will enter their great dominion filled with the trendiest content.
Coming back to the most important question, how to watch American Netflix on Apple TV in Australia? Let’s get right into it!
How to Watch American Netflix on Apple TV in Australia?
Apple TV is slightly complicated as it does not support the VPN app. However, there are four methods to configure VPN to run American Netflix on your Apple TV. These are as follows:
Method 1: Connect Apple TV to the Router
- Install your VPN app, like ExpressVPN, on your router device and connect it to your Apple TV.
- Connect it to the live US server.
- Restart the Apple TV and log in to Netflix by using your Australian Netflix account credentials. Stream popular movies and TV shows.
Method 2: Activating SmartDNS Through VPN
- Install and subscribe to an outstanding VPN service; we highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Search for the SmartDNS option and enable it.
- Verify your IP address and press Activate.
- You will receive an email confirming your SmartDNS activation.
- Now, you can connect your SmartDNS to your Apple TV.
Steps to Connect SmartDNS on Your Apple TV
- Switch on your Apple TV device and go to Settings.
- Visit Network, press Wi-fi, and then choose your network.
- Choose “Configure DNS, press Manual, and copy the SmartDNS address present on the VPN account page.
- SmartDNS is now activated on your Apple TV.
- Open your Netflix app, log in, and enjoy the Netflix USA library in Australia.
Method 3: Use Phone’s or Computer’s Hotspot
- Install and subscribe to your favourite VPN service on your device; we prefer ExpressVPN.
- Enter your credentials to log in.
- Connect to the American-based server.
- Now, switch on your hotspot.
- Next, go to your Apple TV settings and choose your Hotspot sharing device.
- Your Apple TV is connected, and you can easily stream American Netflix.
Method 4: Connect via Ethernet Cable
- Install the VPN app on your PC and connect to the American-based server.
- Take your Ethernet cable and plug one end into the PC and the other into the Apple TV.
- Visit the Control Panel, go to Network and Internet, and then press Network and Sharing Center.
- From its menu, choose “Change Adaptor Settings.” Search for your VPN service adapter and right-click it.
- Upon right-clicking, you will see Properties and enable “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection.”
- Your Apple TV is now secured to the VPN. Restart the device and log in to Netflix by entering your Australian account credentials to enjoy.
Your Apple TV needs a steady VPN that can stream content without any lags. But not all VPNs are the same. Therefore, to make your research – quite a tedious task – easier, we have listed the three best VPNs that you can use for streaming US Netflix on your Apple TV.
Offers 30-day money-back guarantee!
3 Top-tier VPNs to Watch American Netflix on Apple TV in Australia
The three best VPNs are as follows:
Top Recommendation – ExpressVPN
ExpressVPN is one of the finest services available in the market these days. Its blazing buffering speed delivers an exceptional streaming experience. Plus, its five multi-login options from a single account will allow you to connect to various devices.
Moreover, its massive server park with 3000+ servers in 90+ countries is fast, stable, and lag-free even on 4K resolution. Besides that, it is a 100% log-free, safe and secure VPN that safeguards your web traffic.
Not to mention, ExpressVPN employs MediaStreamer (SmartDNS system) and supports various routers to help you access US Netflix, BBC iPlayer, or other popular streaming platforms on Apple TV in Australia.
Offers 30-day money-back guarantee!
Budget-friendly VPN – NordVPN
NordVPN is another ideal choice to stream American Netflix on Apple TV in Australia. Its large and hyperfast server network consists of 5000+ servers in 60+ countries.
In addition, its six multi-logins from a single account enable users to install NordVPN on several devices and software. Furthermore, this VPN provider is fast, secure, deletes user history, and offers dual encryption.
What else? NordVPN will successfully unblock US Netflix as it is compatible with various routers, offers a SmartDNS system, or you can use a Network sharing method. Plus, it is an affordable and stable option for your Apple TV.
Offers 30-day money-back guarantee
Reliable VPN – PrivateVPN
PrivateVPN is making waves as it is the best VPN for unblocking US Netflix, Showtime, PeacockTV, HBO Max, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, ITV, and Freeform in Australia.
What’s more, this VPN provider is not like the other VPNs mentioned above. Instead of selecting the server, you have to pick the streaming service you want to trespass.
Then, the app will automatically direct you to the best working servers available from 200+ servers in 60 countries.
Moreover, PrivateVPN makes secure connections, possesses military-grade encryption, deletes user activities, and supports six simultaneous device connectivity.
These were all the best VPNs that will convert your sorrows into joy! But what about the free VPN services? We do not recommend using these services, and here are the following reasons.
Offers 30-day money-back guarantee!
Why Free VPN is Not the Best Choice When it Comes to Watching American Netflix on Apple TV in Australia?
Free VPNs do entice binge-watchers, but there are several gripes that you should know before using this free service.
Firstly, they have very limited servers that might not help you invade American Netflix. Plus, you will face video lags and buffering issues while using it on Apple TV.
Secondly, the video quality will not be the best. Moreover, free VPN providers contain malware and are not 100% encrypted. Thus, they can leak your private data and information.
Lastly, a free VPN might not even work on iOS or Android devices. Therefore, it is recommended to go for a trustworthy, reputable, and premium VPN provider.
Can I use my Australian Netflix account to watch American Netflix on Apple TV?
Yes! The VPN will change your location by swapping your IP address. Then, you enter your Australian Netflix account credentials to begin streaming.
Is it illegal to get American Netflix in Australia?
No! It is entirely safe to use because Australia has not passed any laws against VPN.
Can you still use SmartDNS services to watch American Netflix on Apple TV in Australia?
Spoofing your Apple TV location via SmartDNS service might not work consistently because Netflix has upped their game and now possesses an anti-DNS system. However, other methods do work in unblocking American Netflix in Australia.
Wrapping Things Up
Geo-restrictions should not limit your entertainment. Choose your best VPN service like ExpressVPN, connect it to your Apple TV, and begin streaming all the trendiest and fantastic titles that were unavailable in Australia.