Another fantastic and most sought-after online entertainment streaming platform is Amazon Prime Video. However, this Video-on-demand (VOD) service’s only gripe is that its top-tier streaming contents are only available in the UK and the US.
But do you wish to watch all this amazing content in Australia? We have cracked this code for you to enjoy US Amazon Prime while living in Australia.
Do you want to know how? Then, let’s tap into it!
Jump Straight To Unblocking Steps to Watch US Amazon Prime in Canada
- Why is Amazon Prime Australia Different From US Amazon Prime?
- How to Watch US Amazon Prime in Australia – 3 Easy Steps
- Best VPNs to Watch US Amazon Prime in Australia
- Top Recommendation – ExpressVPN
- Budget-friendly VPN – NordVPN
- Reliable VPN – PrivateVPN
- How VPN Unblocks US Amazon Prime in Australia?
- Why Using a Free VPN is Not the Most Preferred Choice for Streaming US Amazon Prime?
- Which Devices are Compatible with US Amazon Prime in Australia?
- How to Get US Amazon Prime in Australia on Desktop/PC, iOS, Android, Smart TV, Amazon FireStick/Fire TV, Roku, Apple TV, PlayStation, and Xbox?
- What Can I Watch on US Amazon Prime in Australia?
- Wrapping Up
Why is Amazon Prime Australia Different From US Amazon Prime?
Every country’s Amazon Prime Video catalog varies because of the broadcast rights deal with the distributor. Countries’ content libraries have so much variance due to the licensing and distribution policies.
Therefore, Amazon Prime has to restrict movies and TV shows in specific regions, including Australia. That is why the number of titles in Amazon Prime Australia is less than the US Amazon Prime.
In short, you are missing out on the most fantastic titles, and that’s why you need US Amazon Prime.
Since all that premium content is available in the US and UK region only, you can still trespass these geo-restrictions – all thanks to the devious tool, VPN (Virtual Private Network).
By changing your Australian IP address into American, you can stream all the US Amazon Prime top-rated content while residing in Australia.
How to Watch US Amazon Prime in Australia – 3 Easy Steps
Follow these steps to unblock US Amazon Prime Video in Australia:
- Download and subscribe to the VPN – We recommend ExpressVPN.
- Launch the VPN app, log in, and connect to the US server.
- Once done, go to Prime Video and log in to watch all favourite content on US Amazon Prime in Australia.
Offers 30-day money-back guarantee!
A straightforward procedure for unblocking the US Amazon Prime library in Australia, right? However, we want to emphasize here that not every VPN is efficient enough to handle its job.
Therefore, if you cannot figure out which one to choose for yourself, we have combed through the internet and selected the best three VPNs to unblock US Amazon Prime in Australia.
Amazon Prime Cost
To get an Amazon Prime membership in Australia, you have to pay AUD 9.99/ month or AUD 79/ annum.
Note: If you want to know about the cost of Prime Video in Australia, read our “Amazon Prime Video Cost in Australia Guide“. Also, if you are looking for a guide to help you cancel Prime Video Subscription, read our “Prime Video Subscription Cancellation Guide.”
Best VPNs to Watch US Amazon Prime in Australia
A VPN becomes a must-have if you want to invade geo-blocked websites. But which one? It becomes the most challenging and overwhelming query as there are many options available on the internet.
But stop worrying! Our top three recommendations will help you watch US Amazon Prime securely and without throttling.
Top Recommendation – ExpressVPN
ExpressVPN is a service that you can always rely on and put your faith in completely. It also offers extremely responsive customer service to ease your difficulties.
Moreover, its hyperfast 3000+ servers in 90+ countries unblock top-tier streaming services US Amazon Prime, Amazon Prime UK, Peacock TV, US Paramount Plus, Hulu, Channel 4, BBC iPlayer, and HBO Max in Australia.
With ExpressVPN, you can circumvent US Amazon Prime on any device like iOS, Android, Linux, Mac, Windows, and Amazon FireStick/Fire TV.
In addition, if you have router devices like Smart TV, Xbox, PlayStation, Apple TV, Roku, you can set up ExpressVPN MediaStreamer to watch US Amazon Prime or other country’s Amazon Prime in Australia.
Not to mention, its five simultaneous device connections from a single account, online privacy, and 100% anonymity make this VPN the best.
Offers 30-day money-back guarantee!
Budget-friendly VPN – NordVPN
King of VPNs, NordVPN, is very similar to ExpressVPN. It is relatively economical with an enormous server park, i.e., around 5000+ servers in 60 countries.
Furthermore, this service will work on almost all devices like iOS, Linux, Android, Amazon FireStick/Fire TV, Mac, Windows, etc.
What makes NordVPN an exceptional tool? It offers six simultaneous device connections, two-way encryption, optimum security and protection, and fleeting fast speed.
Offers 30-day money-back guarantee
Reliable VPN – PrivateVPN
PrivateVPN is another fantastic tool for accessing Amazon Prime and other streaming services. Its 200+ servers in 60 countries offer efficient and secure connections to stream US Amazon Prime.
What’s more, its military-grade encryption, blazingly-fast speed, deletion of activity, and compatibility with several devices make this VPN a top-notch tool.
And other than unblocking American Amazon Prime, this provider can also unblock popular geo-blocked streaming services, including ITV Player, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, HBO Max, YouTube TV, Comedy Central, Sling TV, Showtime, ESPN Plus, and Peacock TV in Australia.
PrivateVPN offers six simultaneous connections on a single account and dedicated apps for Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and Amazon FireStick/Fire TV.
Offers 30-day money-back guarantee!
That’s it! These are all the options that you can try to mask your online activity. But do you have an idea how VPN works to let you watch all the spell-binding shows on US Amazon Prime?
How VPN Unblocks American Amazon Prime in Australia?
As mentioned earlier, Amazon Prime and other streaming platforms’ content libraries are different from region to region because of their agreement with the studios and distributors.
They grant the rights to either stream or restrict the movies and TV shows in a particular region. Plus, you can not invade these streaming platform catalogs, as these websites track your IP address and deny your access.
So how come this magician VPN helps you trespass? This sneaky tool changes and masks your Australian IP address when you connect to the American server.
After connecting and accessing Amazon Prime, the VPN tricks this VOD service into thinking you reside in America. Pretty clever, huh? That’s how it enables users to stream US Amazon Prime in Australia.
Offers 30-day money-back guarantee!
Why Using a Free VPN is Not the Most Preferred Choice for Streaming US Amazon Prime?
Getting lured by the free VPN is very common. But should you give in? Short answer, no! Here are some of the reasons why you should avoid a free VPN service.
Firstly, a free VPN earns money by giving away your personal information. Next, it keeps tabs and monitors your online activities by not deleting them.
Moreover, a free VPN tunnel is not entirely secure, and cybercriminals can steal and use your private data for phony purposes.
Considering these risks and making yourself vulnerable, it is better to purchase the paid VPN that will give you a peace-of-mind when using its service.
Which Devices are Compatible with US Amazon Prime in Australia?
These are all the devices that you can use to stream US Amazon Prime in Australia:
How to Get US Amazon Prime on your Devices?
How to Get US Amazon Prime on Windows, Linux, and Mac in Australia?
- Install and sign up on your favourite VPN.
- Next, switch off the location, launch the VPN app, and sign in.
- Connect to the US server.
- Now go to the Amazon Prime website, log in, and begin streaming.
How to Get US Amazon Prime on Android/iOS Smartphones and Tablets in Australia?
- Install and subscribe to a paid VPN service on your Android or iOS device.
- Before launching your VPN app, turn off your device’s location.
- After opening your VPN application, connect to the US server.
- Launch the Amazon Prime app, and sign in to stream its US catalogue.
How to Get US Amazon Prime on Amazon FireStick/Fire TV?
- Subscribe and then download the VPN on your FireStick/Fire TV device.
- Open the VPN app and connect to the American server.
- Make sure your location is turned off and visit Amazon Prime Video.
- Enjoy watching all the US Amazon Prime exclusive titles in Australia.
How to Get US Amazon Prime on Apple TV, Xbox, Roku, PLayStation, Xbox, and Smart TV in Australia?
These devices have a slight caveat, which is that they do not support VPN directly. However, it is not a big deal because you can still watch US Amazon Prime on these devices by other means in Australia.
Do you want to know how this is achievable? You can follow these methods:
- Firstly, you can configure Smart DNS by choosing the location US on your PlayStation, Roku, Smart TV, Apple TV, and Xbox.
- Secondly, couple these devices with your laptop that is already connected to the US server.
- The third method is to opt for Airplay or Google Chromecast to stream US Amazon Prime on these devices.
- Lastly, use a Firestick or Fire TV device for watching US Amazon Prime in Australia.
What Can I Watch on US Amazon Prime in Australia?
Here are the titles that you should watch while streaming US Amazon Prime in Australia:
- Conversations with Friends
- A Quiet Place
- The Wilds
- The Last Tycoon
- Modern Love
- Tales from the Loop
- Made in Heaven
- Mr Robot
- The Ring
- Casino Royale
- Good Omens
- The Wheel of Time
- The Boys
- The Marvelous Mrs Maisel
- Agatha Christie’s The Pale Horse
- Alpha House
- Always Jane
Can I use my US Amazon Prime in Australia?
Yes, you can access US Amazon Prime in Australia by changing your local IP address to a US IP address using a quality VPN like ExpressVPN.
How do I change my country on Amazon Prime?
Follow these steps to change your country on Amazon Prime:
- Navigate to Manage Your Content and Devices and select “Preferences”.
- Select “Change” under “Country Settings”.
- After choosing or entering your address, click “Update“.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to learn more about what is going to happen if you transfer your Amazon account, in case, you are eligible to purchase digital content from another country.
- To finish the process, choose the option to transfer your account when you’re ready.
How many countries can I use Amazon Prime in?
You can access Amazon Prime in 200 countries across the globe.
Why is my VPN not working on Prime Video?
Prime Video has robust VPN-blocking technology in place and only a handful of top-tier VPNs like ExpressVPN, NordVPN, Surfshark, etc, can get around it. If you are struggling to access Prime Video with a VPN, try these things:
- Clear the cache, deleting browser cookies.
- Change your IP address
If you still face the issue, contact your VPN service provider’s customer support.
Which is the best VPN to Stream Prime Video in Australia?
The best VPN to stream Prime Video in Australia without facing any issues is the top-notch streaming-optimized ExpressVPN.
You have reached the end! But you realized that you could access US Amazon Prime effortlessly with the help of a stellar VPN. All you have to do is connect to ExpressVPN, log in to your Amazon Prime, and start streaming!