There are many reasons you’d want to watch Peacock TV in Australia, but I can bet that most of you want to watch The Office. In this article, I will show you how you can access Peacock TV from Australia – or anywhere else in the world, too – sit tight and don’t blink, let the Kangaroo fight the Peacock!
What is Peacock TV?
Peacock TV is the video-on-demand service that NBCUniversal launched in mid-2020. It is best known for streaming one of the all-time hit sitcoms, ‘The Office’, from January 2021 after the show exited Netflix.
Apart from The Office, other famous titles to watch on Peacock TV are American Psycho, Bourse Trilogy, The Dark Knight, Killing It, Angelyne, Watch Days Of Our Lives: Beyond Salem, Love Island USA, and the recently released Marry Me.
While Peacock streams both originals and industry-produced content, it’s entirely geo-locked and exclusively available in the United States. As of yet, there’s only little speculation that the parent company, NBCUniversal, will expand outside the US.
How to Watch Peacock TV in Australia
Since I recently went through this process for myself – I had to watch The Office – I’ll explain my way to you and other available methods. That said, step one is to have a VPN.
Purchase a VPN
A VPN service allows you to switch from your local IP to a foreign IP, which satisfies the restrictions and lets you access these streaming services.
Here’s the process:
- Sign up for a VPN that offers American servers – We recommend ExpressVPN.
- Download the VPN app on the device you want to watch Peacock TV on.
- Log in and connect to a US-based server; keep the connection at all times.
- Go to Peacock TV and start streaming from Australia.
Although simple, there’s one little detail to it:
As it turns out, you can’t either download the Peacock TV app or purchase a subscription without a VPN. If you’re going to the Play Store, you will even have to create a new US Gmail account to download the app.
Purchase Peacock TV Subscription
Let’s look at the complete process of purchasing a Peacock TV subscription because this is where it gets a bit tricky.
- While the VPN is connected, go to www.peacocktv.com, click ‘join now’ and have yourself registered – verify your email address, too.
- Once logged in, click the profile icon in the corner to take you to your info section.
- Here you will be able to see ‘upgrade to premium’ in the first block, open the link and choose the plan you want to go with – Premium or Premium plus (compared ahead)
- Now you’re in the payment section, enter your name and a US address and zip code that you can easily acquire from Google
- When it comes to payment, select the PayPal method and pay by creating a new PayPal US account.
Now, you’ve got the VPN subscription, and you’ve got the Peacock TV subscription. Before we move on, though, let’s look at some VPN services best suited to watch Peacock TV in Australia.
Best VPN for Peacock TV in Australia
In this enormous VPN market competition, these brands are leading with extraordinary service. Here’s all that they’ve to offer and why I recommend them:
1. ExpressVPN (Recommended)
ExpressVPN is the hyper-successful, workaholic VPN with lightning-fast servers that retain all your internet speed, which is essential if you want to stream Peacock TV in Australia.
This provider noteworthy features are:
- above 3000 servers in 160 locations (94+ countries)
- 15 months in the first-year plan (3 extra months)
- proven security and privacy (true to their no-log policy)
- an ability to connect to 5 devices at once
- Unblocks other popular streaming services, including Hulu, American Netflix, HBO Max, YouTube TV, BBC iPlayer, Hotstar, Channel 4, TV Player, ABC, ESPN+ in Australia, and others.
And the steal? It’s got 30,000 different IP addresses – you will be untraceable.
Shows/movies you can watch with ExpressVPN:
- House of the Dragon in Australia
- Peaky Blinders Season 6 in Australia
- The Responder in Australia
- The Batman in Australia
- Tokyo Vice in Australia
NordVPN is the Apple of VPNs – the largest market in the VPN industry. Nord has been particularly promising in the user-friendly area:
- UI is easy to use with the ‘Quick Connect’ button
- has more than 5000 servers, 62 locations (and 62 countries)
- has the lowest yearly rates
- can form six simultaneous connections
The jewel in Nord’s crown is Double VPN – meaning double encryption, double security.
PrivateVPN is an excellent streamer with top-of-the-line security measures to ensure perfect safety for you.
Its best features are:
- 150 superfast server locations across 60 countries
- compatibility with many operating systems
- lesser traffic on main servers, thus, returning a fast service
- affordable yearly and monthly plans
- ability to form six connections at the same time
These three VPNs are my top choices as they’ve stood steadfast to their brand. They’re consistently providing optimum security and have always dealt ethically with user data – unlike free VPNs.
How VPN Unblocks Peacock in Australia
Peacock TV’s algorithm is designed with a geo-blocking feature, that if any device from an internet network outside the US wants to connect, it’s automatically rejected with this heartbreaking message:
So, what is the VPN doing to counter this restriction? Don’t worry. It’s nothing illegal; let me show you how in these pointers:
- You click the connect button, and the VPN connects you to its designated server in the location of your choice – the US in this case.
- When you do a search after the connection, the VPN tells the landing site that you’re not from Australia but the US – because you’ve connected to a US server.
- This communication satisfies Peacock TV’s algorithm, and voila, you’re in.
This was the simplest I could break it down for you – no thanks?
Now that everything is ready, it’s time to understand another important thing: Peacock TV plans. Let’s compare the three briefly.
Peacock Plans Compared – Free, Premium, & Premium Plus
Peacock offers three plans: Free, Premium, and premium plus – basically three different price categories. Premium costs $4.99/month, and Premium Plus costs $9.99/month.
The free plan is crazy – you won’t believe what they’re putting out for free. About 60% of Peacock TV’s library’s content is available for free – the first two seasons of The Office too!
There’s nothing that you’ve to do other than sign up to access the Free plan, and you’ll be able to enjoy many Premier League games, the US Opens, NFL games, and of course, Olympics 2022.
The Premium plan adds another twenty-thousand hours’ worth of content to the library – in fact, the complete Peacock library. The problem with the Free and the Premium is an advertisement.
You won’t believe me when I say this, but these ads are painful, and NBC is doing a profitable business by selling the Premium Plus ad-free version for double the price. Of course, if you’re not like me and can bear ads, then the Premium plan would be perfect for you.
Shows to Watch on Peacock TV in Australia
Peacock TV has some of the craziest titles available. Here’s a list I compiled for you for the best movies and shows to go for when you watch Peacock TV in Australia:
- The Office
- American Psycho
- America’s Got Talent
- Bourse Trilogy
- The Dark Knight
- Psycho (Alfred Hitchcock)
- The Matrix Trilogy
Ah, the masterpieces. A mix of comedy, action, horror, suspense, and drama. You’ve started to like me, haven’t you?
FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions
Moving towards the end, let me answer some frequently asked questions about watching Peacock TV from Australia.
How do I get the peacock app on my TV?
It depends on the device you’re on. For instance, if you’re using an Android phone, you can get it from the Play Store but not without a US Gmail account. In this sense, whatever device you may go for, don’t forget to put a US account to operate it alongside the US server VPN.
Will Peacock be available in Australia?
As of March 2022, there is little talk about this on the internet. Although some sources claim that NBC has future expansion plans, nothing is yet confirmed. However, you don’t have to wait for this business venture to come about. Get a VPN, connect to a US-based server, and start binging Peacock TV.
Free content to watch on Peacock TV?
Free Peacock TV plan gives you a massive library to enjoy. Some are NBC originals, and some are industry projects. The best free content to watch on Peacock TV include, Alfred Hitchcock movies (Psycho, Vertigo, etc.), Frasier, Battlestar Galactica – oh, Dwight – and of course, Parks and Recreation.
I hope by the time you’re finishing this read, you know what you need to do to watch Peacock TV in Australia.
Peacock TV is an excellent resource. The free version lets you watch almost everything for free – the only costs you’ll have to bear will be of ExpressVPN. But trust me, this complete package is worth less than the fun you’re going to have watching Peacock!